About Buying Your First Home
You can do this, and we'll show you how.
Where would you like to start?
Read our Home Buyer's Guide
If you need more information on how to buy your new home, look no further than our FREE Home Buyer’s Guide. It’s packed with tips for first-time and experienced buyers.
Or Talk to a Mortgage Expert
Call us right away at our toll-free number (805) 434-5226 to reach one of our home loan experts.
Where to Get Started with Crown Mortgage of the West
Are you shopping for a new home, or is it in your future plans?
We’ll help you understand what options you have, and get the right mortgage for your needs.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
"I’m Wondering How This Really Works"
Our unique Home Buyer’s Guide gives you everything you need to buy a new home.
We break down the process so that it’s easy to understand and less overwhelming.
"I’m Putting Together a Budget Right Now"
We can help you with your budget and how to proceed on your homebuying journey.
Call us today at our toll-free number (805) 434-5226 to talk to a friendly Home Loan Expert.
"I'm Shopping for a Home Right Now"
Is a move in your near future? If so, there are two things you should do first.
First, get yourself approved for a home loan. By getting approved before you start searching for your home, you’ll be ready to start seriously looking for your new home.
Here are the top 3 benefits of getting approved beforehand:
- The approval letter will show a real estate agent (and the sellers) that you’re able to afford the house.
- You’ll also find out how much you can afford. By knowing your limits, you can narrow down your selection and aim for what makes sense.
- The mortgage process becomes faster, easier, and smoother.
Did you know you can apply right away with Crown Mortgage of the West, by calling (805) 434-5226?
The next step is the real estate agent.
After you’ve applied and been approved, it’s time to find your real estate agent. They’re a great source of knowledge and experience when it comes to buying a home.
This is what your real estate agent can help you with:
- Find the right house, at the right price, in the right place.
- Manage the necessary paperwork, which saves you time and hassle.
- Negotiate with the sellers effectively.
When you’ve received your approval letter and listings from your real estate agent, you’re ready to hit those open houses.
The Most Popular Home Loan Options for the First-Time Home Buyer
Here are some typical circumstances that tend to affect people when they are getting their first home loan, plus possible options. You could qualify for more than one; we’ll help you determine that if you contact us.
- Would you like stability and predictability in your payment and interest rate? With a 30-Year Fixed loan, your interest rate and loan (before taxes and insurance) payments will not fluctuate; you can buy a home with 3% down.
- Worried about your credit score or your credit history? An FHA loan is more lenient when it comes to credit prerequisites and down payments. As long as you have a healthy amount of credit, you can qualify with a down payment of 3.5%.
- Suspect you’ll be in a starter home for several years? An adjustable rate mortgage means your interest rate will stay low for the first few years of your mortgage. An adjustable rate mortgage offers a low fixed rate for your introductory years.
- If you’re a veteran or currently serving, you could qualify for a VA Loan and buy your new home with zero down.
Consent to Communication:
You’re also consenting to having Crown Mortgage of the West, our partner companies, and our Family of Companies, reach out to you about your inquiry through a text message or a phone call*.
We’ll call the cellular or residential telephone number you’ve provided with us. We’ll do this even if your telephone number is on a corporate, state, or national Do Not Call Registry. You’re NOT obliged to receive such messages or calls as a condition of saying yes to our services, or the services of our affiliates.
When you’re talking to us over the phone, you’re consenting to the call being monitored and recorded. You’re also agreeing that we can share the personal data and contact information you’ve provided with us. We can share this information with third parties, including our mortgage partners, affiliates, or partner companies. The stated parties are allowed to use your contact information and personal data for analytic and marketing purposes. They may also use the information to improve your experience.
*This includes an automatic telephone dialing system or a prerecorded or artificial voice.
Why You Should Choose Crown Mortgage of the West
- You’ll get access to an online application process, which saves you paperwork.
- Our Home Loan Experts will be there to answer questions and concerns, and to help you get clear on all the details so you get the perfect mortgage for your needs.
- After you’ve closed the home loan, you’ll be able to manage your mortgage online without any hidden fees.
- You can expect customer service long after you’ve closed. You see, we service around 99% of all our mortgages.