How to Refinance an Investment Property
Lower your monthly mortgage payment and maximize your return on investment.
How would you like to get started?
Read our Refinance Guide
Do you need more information on how to refinance your mortgage? If so, our refinance guide is just what you’re looking for. It’s packed with tips, tricks, and tactics on how to refinance the right way.
Or Talk to a Mortgage Expert Now
Call us right away at our toll-free number (805) 434-5226 to reach one of our home loan experts.
The Basics of Refinancing An Investment Property
Refinance to a Low Rate Today
- Increase the return on your investment – decrease monthly mortgage payment and increase rental income.
- Use your rental equity to purchase additional property or fund other opportunities.
- Crown Mortgage of the West gives you the opportunity to invest in properties, and to refinance at any point with no prepayment penalties.
3 Reasons Why You Should Choose Crown Mortgage of the West Today
- Our qualified Home Loan Experts are here to answer your questions. We’ll break down the details in easy-to-understand language. Our goal is for you to get the right mortgage that’s right for your financial needs.
- After the closing of your loan, you’ll be able to manage your mortgage online without any hidden fees.
- Our service continues after you’ve closed your mortgage. We service 99% of our mortgages.
The Two Most Popular Loan Options for Refinancing New Investment Properties
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
"What documents are required to refinance?"
During the process of applying for your refinance, you’ll generally need to provide the following 5 things:
- Proof of income: Most often, you’ll need to provide pay stubs for the last 30 days.
- A copy of your homeowners insurance: This verifies that you have sufficient (and current) coverage when it comes to your home.
- Copies of your wage and tax statements (W-2 forms): This is a must for every loan applicant. It helps your lender verify any past employment and income history.
- Copies of your asset information: This includes statements for your savings, any 401(k) and checking accounts, investment records (for stocks or mutual funds), and accounts that hold money for closing costs.
- A copy of your title insurance: This will help your lender verify the names on the title, legal description of the property and taxes.
"How often can I refinance my home?"
Some states have limits on how soon or how often their residents can refinance a home loan; these limits are often designed to ensure that the refinance process benefits the homeowner.
Regulations aside, it’s very important to make sure that refinancing helps you meet your financial goals.
Here are four questions to consider:
- Does your lender have any prepayment penalties?
- Do you have sufficient equity built up in your current home?
- What about interest rates, are they lower now compared to when you first got your mortgage?
- For how long do you plan to stay in your home?
Consent to Communication:
You’re also consenting to having Crown Mortgage of the West, our partner companies, and our Family of Companies, reach out to you about your inquiry through a text message or a phone call*.
We’ll call the cellular or residential telephone number you’ve provided with us. We’ll do this even if your telephone number is on a corporate, state, or national Do Not Call Registry. You’re NOT obliged to receive such messages or calls as a condition of saying yes to our services, or the services of our affiliates.
When you’re talking to us over the phone, you’re consenting to the call being monitored and recorded. You’re also agreeing that we can share the personal data and contact information you’ve provided with us. We can share this information with third parties, including our mortgage partners, affiliates, or partner companies. The stated parties are allowed to use your contact information and personal data for analytic and marketing purposes. They may also use the information to improve your experience.
*This includes an automatic telephone dialing system or a prerecorded or artificial voice.
Why You Should Choose Crown Mortgage of the West
- You’ll get access to an online application process, which saves you paperwork.
- Our Home Loan Experts will be there to answer questions and concerns, and to help you get clear on all the details so you get the perfect mortgage for your needs.
- After you’ve closed the home loan, you’ll be able to manage your mortgage online without any hidden fees.
- You can expect customer service long after you’ve closed. You see, we service around 99% of all our mortgages.